Request a meeting room
Print out a copy of the Room Request form using the link below. Send the completed form to: Hamilton Township Public Library, 1 Justice Samuel A. Alito Jr. Way, Hamilton, NJ 08619, attn: Sue Martinez.
Room Request form (240kb) PDF
Room Request form (20kb) DOCX
CHAPTER X – MEETING ROOM POLICY
The Hamilton Township Public Library is a municipal facility. As such, all laws and ordinances pertaining to the use and occupancy of public space apply to the Library. Library meeting rooms include the ground floor rooms, the Teen Room on the first floor and the quiet study rooms. The Library meeting rooms shall be available free of charge to not-for-profit organizations located within Hamilton Township to hold meetings of an educational, cultural, or civic nature and may be available to other organizations for a fee as determined by the Board of Trustees. All meeting room usage must be reserved. If a meeting room is not reserved at a particular time, it will be available on a first come first basis to anyone wishing to use it. All meeting room usage shall be subject to the following:
- Meeting room applications will not be approved for any organization or event which may disrupt the normal operation of the Library.
- Applications for meeting room reservations must be submitted to the Library Director or his/her designee at least three weeks in advance using forms available at the Library or downloadable from the Library web site. Applications will be considered in order of receipt and acceptance or rejection will be acknowledged.
- Meeting usage hours shall be limited to normal Library operations hours unless specifically approved by the Library Director or designee.
- Applications submitted by for-profit organizations, event sponsors unable to provide a valid Hamilton Library card (or eligibility for such), and organizations or sponsors intending to sell any product must be accompanied by a non-refundable $25.00 booking fee.
- The room usage fee for other than resident not-for-profit organizations and sponsors or organizations engaged in selling shall be $40.00 per hour for usage during normal Library operations hours and $100.00 per hour for approved after-hour usage.
- Fees for room rental may be paid with cash, credit card, or check; made payable to the “Hamilton Township Public Library”.
- Serving refreshments is permitted and refreshments may be consumed in meeting rooms and the public areas adjacent thereto. A $30.00 nonrefundable fee must accompany any request involving refreshments when carpeted meeting rooms are requested. Event sponsors are responsible for providing food, dishes, equipment, etc. and for all clean up.
- Subject to availability, library owned projectors, screens, and other media generating devices may be rented by sponsors showing media for a fee of $25.00 per device. Requests for media devices must be made at the time of booking. The Library does not provide media operators; further, the library is under no obligation to provide technical assistance for other than its own media devices.
- The library assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to any property belonging to a group or injury to members of a group which occur during the use of the facility. Groups booking meeting rooms are required to sign a hold-harmless agreement at the time of booking.
- Notification of event cancellation must be made to the Director at least one (1) week in advance. Failure to provide such notification will result in forfeiture of any fees paid. Organizations and/or sponsors failing to provide cancellation notification more than twice will be subject to a six (6) month suspension of booking privileges.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse future booking requests and to revoke forward bookings for sponsors and/or organizations determined to be in violation of these regulations.
- The Board of Trustees reserves the right to limit the number and frequency of meeting room usage by sponsors or organizations when such usage monopolizes available space to the preclusion of usage by other groups and to exempt the Library’s cooperating and/or contributing partners from certain provisions of these regulations and this policy.