The library offers computer classes on an as-needed basis.
Basic Computer Skills
Class #1: The Computer: Learn what a computer is, basic parts and terminology, using the mouse, and learning everyday functions.
Class #2: Microsoft Office: Learn the basics of Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint and how to use these programs for everyday use.
Class #3: E-mail: Learn how to set up an email address, send e-mail, open attachments and more.
Class #4: Facebook: Sign-up for Facebook, change your profile picture, connect with friends, write posts and learn about privacy settings.
Class #1: Koha: Learn how to use our library catalog, access your accounts, and use the cart and list features.
Class #2: Databases: Learn how to use our free databases as well as book museum passes.
Class #3: eBooks: Learn how to download and borrow eBooks & Audiobooks.
- TO REGISTER: You must register in advance through the Reference Desk.
- You must have a library card in good standing from Hamilton Public Library.
- Computers are guaranteed to 10 students. If the class is full, you will be placed on a waiting list.
- Please bring pencil & paper.
- You may repeat a class as often as you would like as long as it is not full.
- Classes typically run for 1 hour.