What is the Museum Pass Program?
The Museum Pass Program is a service that allows Hamilton Free Public Library patrons to visit area museums for FREE!
This program is sponsored in full by the Friends of the Hamilton Free Public Library. The Friends is an organization of people who wish to increase public attention to library services, facilities and needs: stimulate gifts of books and other appropriate library material; raise funds for the purpose of aiding the Library in providing direct public service; and to promote the Library as a cultural, education and recreational asset to Hamilton Township. For more information about the Friends or to become a member, please pick up a brochure or visit http://hamiltonnjplfotl.wordpress.com.
Museum location and contact information
- Academy of Natural Sciences, Phone: 215-299-1022, free admittance for 2 adults and 5 children
1900 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Battleship New Jersey, Phone: 866-877-6262, free admittance for 2 adults and 3 children
62 Battleship Way, Camden, NJ 08103 www.battleshipnewjersey.org
- Eastern State Penitentiary, Phone: 215-236-3300, free admittance for 6 people
2027 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19130
- Elmwood Park Zoo, Phone: 800-652-4143, free admittance for 2 adults and 6 children, 1661 Harding Blvd., Norristown, PA19401 www.elmwoodparkzoo.org
- Independence Seaport Museum, Phone: 215-413-8655, free admittance for 2 adults and 4 children
211 S. Columbus Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Morven Museum and Garden, Phone: 609-924-8144, free admittance for 4 people
55 Stockton Street, Princeton, NJ 08540
- National Liberty Museum, Phone: 215-925-2800, ext 130, free admittance for 6 people
321 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
- Old Barracks Museum, Phone: 609-396-1776, free admittance for 4 adults
101 Barrack Street, Trenton, NJ 08608
- Roebling Museum, Phone: 609-499-7200, free admittance for 2 adults and unlimited children
100 2nd Avenue, Roebling, NJ 08554
How do I reserve a pass?
GREAT NEWS THE LIBRARY WILL BE OFFERING PRINT FROM HOME MUSEUM PASSES JULY 1ST
- For Printable passes: These can be printed from anywhere and anytime and must be taken to the museum on the Day of Use. You do not need to pick up or return these passes to the library. Your name and the date of your reservation will appear on the pass. Printable passes. All printable passes can be printed from home or at the circulation desk.
- For Physical passes: These may be picked up at the library beginning at 3 pm the day prior to the “Day of Use” and must be returned by 11 am the day after the “Day of Use”. For example, if the “Day of Use” is Friday, the pass may be picked up beginning at 3 pm on Thursday through closing on Friday, and returned by 11 am on Saturday. Please check library hours of operation before picking up a pass.
- NOT PRINTABLE: ROEBLING MUSEUM AND ELMWOOD PARK ZOO
Click here to reserve a Museum pass online using your library card number or by calling the Circulation Desk at 609.581.4060 x4001.
What is the late fee or replacement fee?
The fine for an overdue museum pass is $10 per day. The charge for a lost museum pass is a $10 processing fee plus replacement costs, which vary by museum. A pass will be considered lost if not returned within 7 days of the “Day of Use”.
Where do I return my pass?
Return all passes to the Circulation Desk by 11 a.m. one day after the Day of Use (i.e. if the “Day of Use” is Friday, return the pass by Saturday at 11 a.m.) If the library is closed, your pass will be due by 11 a.m. the next day the library is open. Passes need to be returned on time so others who have reserved them can pick them up before making the trip to a museum.
Do I need my library card to pick up the pass?
Yes, you will need to present the library card that you used when reserving the pass to pick it up or valid photo ID.
Where do I pick up my pass?
All passes can be picked up at the Circulation Desk, no earlier than 3 p.m. prior to the “Day of Use” (i.e. if the “Day of Use” is Saturday, it can be picked up beginning at 3 p.m. on Friday through closing on Saturday).
Can I cancel my reservations?
Reservations can be cancelled up two days before the “Day of Use”. You can cancel online or by calling 609-581-4060, ext. 4001. If the reservation is canceled the day before or the day of the “Day of Use” it will be considered a “failure to pick up.”
What if I fail to pick up my pass?
If you do not pick up your pass by the “Day of Use” or if the reservation is cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the “Day of Use” it will be considered a “failure to pick up.” Because we expect demand for passes to be extremely high, if you fail to pick up your pass two times within a 60 day period, it will result in a 2 month block on museum pass reservations.
Is there a charge to reserve a pass?
It’s FREE! There is no charge to check out a museum pass, only your valid Hamilton Public Library card is needed.
Who can reserve a pass?
You will need a valid Hamilton Public Library card to place a reservation (meaning owing less than $10 in fees or fines). Passes can only be reserved with an adult card.
How many passes can I reserve at a time?
Up to two (2) museum passes can be reserved in the system at any given time.
How far in advance can I reserve a pass?
Reservations can be made up to 60 days in advance.
How many people are admitted to a museum per pass?
The membership conditions of each museum vary; to view these click on the link to the museum webpage.
What is the “Day of Use”?
The “Day of Use” is the day you plan on visiting the museum. Passes may be picked up beginning at 3 p.m. the day prior to the “Day of Use” and MUST be returned by 11 a.m. the day after the “Day of Use” (i.e. if the “Day of Use” is Friday the pass can be picked up beginning at 3 p.m. on Thursday through closing on Friday and returned by 11 a.m. on Saturday.) Passes must be returned to the Circulation Desk, not in the book box. View Library Hours